Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Movie Posters: Drew Struzan

Growing up watching films, I have always been fascinated by movie posters and the art behind them.  The ones that really caught my eye were the realistic, illustrated ones that were best suited for the film of spic proportions.  I figured that nowadays they might have taken a photo and used some sort of impressionist effect to get that painted look, but to my surprise and delight, these posters are still hand drawn or painted and on top of that, they are all done by the same person!  That man is Drew Struzan.

Titan Books has now released a compilation of his work in a new book called The Art of Drew Struzan.  Press Release: http://titanbooks.com/blog/out-now-art-drew-struzan/

I just thought I would share the info.  Please take a look at some of his work.  Here are a few of my favourites.

Star_Wars_Trilogy_850

bttf

american_tail

alt

 indycrusade

Just how does he make these masterpieces? Take a look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment